Current Chattahoochee Technical College students may apply for Transient Student status if they wish to attend other regionally accredited institutions and subsequently return to Chattahoochee Technical College. The purpose of transient study is to take coursework that directly applies to your Chattahoochee Tech program of study and puts you on the right track to graduation. The Records Office will notify students if they are not eligible for transient status. The student must meet the following requirements before transient permission can be granted:
– Must be in good academic standing (2.0 grade point average).
– Must be regularly admitted to a program of study and eligible to register at Chattahoochee Technical College.
– Must specify course(s) to be taken at the other institution (e.g., HUMN 1101).
– Requested course(s) must be in the student’s declared program of study.
– Must have completed all required Learning Support courses.
– Must have successfully completed one term of enrollment at Chattahoochee Technical College.
– Must have successfully completed prerequisites for the requested course.
Please Note: Permission will only be given if the transient classes at another institution are transferable back to Chattahoochee Technical College.* Grades and quality points earned in these courses will not be figured in the Cumulative Grade Point Average at Chattahoochee Technical College.
A formal admissions application must be submitted to the institution for which this transient permission form is requested. It is our responsibility to comply with the transient institution’s admissions standards and application deadlines.
*Learning Support courses do not transfer and are ineligible for Transient study.
Submit a Transient Student Request Form