Home » Financial Aid General Information

Financial Aid General Information

In this section, we’ve provided quick links that lead to information regarding the financial aid process, including the information you’ll need to maintain financial aid while you finish your studies at Chattahoochee Tech.

All students are welcome to visit any of the financial aid offices on any campus. We are dedicated to helping you find a way to pay for college.

Types of Financial Aid

HOPE Programs
  • HOPE Grant – Certificate and Diploma Programs
  • HOPE Scholarship – Degree Programs
  • Zell Miller Grant – Certificate and Diploma Programs
  • Zell Miller Scholarship – Degree Programs
  • HOPE GED Voucher
State Grant & Scholarship Programs
  • HERO (Helping Educate Reservist and their Offspring) Scholarship
  • Georgia Public Safety Memorial (GPSM) Grant
  • Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents (LEPD) Grant
  • Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG)
Federal Grants (click here for details)
  • The Pell Grant
  • The Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Work Study Programs (click here for details)
  • The Federal Work Study program (FWS)
Loans (click here for details)
  • Private Student Loans

NOTE: Chattahoochee Technical College does not participate in any Federal Stafford/Direct Loan programs or the Federal PLUS program.

Basic Eligibility Requirements

  • Have a valid high school diploma (or the equivalent); and
    –be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States (US Citizen and Eligible Non Citizen); and
  • Have been accepted for admission to an approved eligible program of study (students whose program changes should contact the Financial Aid Office); and
  • Be following the prescribed curriculum for the program of study as determined by the CTC catalog; and
    –be making progress toward the completion of your course of study according to the “Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy”; and
  • Not be in default on a federal or state loan; and
  • Not owe a refund on a federal or state grant; and
  • Have a valid Social Security Number; and
  • Register with the Selective Service, if required; and
  • Resolved any drug conviction issue; and
  • Not have a Bachelor’s degree.