Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In order to apply for financial aid each student must complete the FAFSA each year.
In completing the FAFSA, you (and your parents, if required) will sign the application using a FSA ID. If you don’t have a FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to the Federal Student Aid website. You will create a username and password. You will enter your email address, name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
Gather the information required to complete the FAFSA:
- Your social security number and your parent’s social security numbers if you are a dependent.
- Federal tax returns for the year prior to the academic year you are applying, including W2 information, for yourself, spouse if you are married, and for your parents if you are dependent.
- FSA ID
Complete your application at www.fafsa.ed.gov:
- Enter all the necessary information. You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to input tax information.
- If you need help, the side bar to the right will guide you through each question.
- At the point where you have to list the schools you want to receive your information, you want to list the school code for Chattahoochee Technical School. That code is 005620. This will ensure that your application is sent to us electronically.
- Submit your application.
Follow up on your FAFSA:
- When your application is processed you will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report) either by email or mail. You should review your SAR for any necessary corrections or updates.
- If you have been selected for verification you will need to provide additional documents to the financial aid office before financial aid can be awarded.
- Log on to BannerWeb to check your financial aid status.
Please check the academic calendar for document and payment deadlines and other important dates.