Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
In order to apply for financial aid each student must complete the FAFSA each year.
Need help completing the FAFSA? Chattahoochee Technical College’s Financial Aid Office will be hosting free FAFSA Workshops for current students! Financial Aid staff will be available to answer any FAFSA questions and provide guidance through the process. Be sure to bring all required documents and have your information ready. The workshops are on a walk-in basis and will be held at the dates, times, and locations below.
- Thursday, June 15, 9:00am – 12:00pm at Marietta Campus Advisement Lab G-1121
- Tuesday, June 27, 3:00pm – 6:00pm at North Metro Campus (Acworth) A-110
- Thursday, July 13, 3:00pm – 6:00pm at Marietta Campus B-123
- Friday, July 28, 9:00am – 12:00pm at North Metro Campus (Acworth) A-110
Gather the information required to complete the FAFSA:
- Your social security number and your parent’s social security numbers if you are a dependent.
- Federal tax returns for two years prior to the academic year you are applying, including W2 information, for yourself, spouse if you are married, and for your parents if you are dependent.
In completing the FAFSA, you (and your parents, if required) will sign the application using an FSA ID. If you don’t have a FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to the Federal Student Aid website. You will create a username and password. You will enter your email address, name, date of birth, Social Security number, contact information, and challenge questions and answers.
Complete your application at studentaid.gov:
- Enter all the necessary information. You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to input tax information.
- If you need help, the side bar to the right will guide you through each question.
- At the point where you have to list the schools that you want to receive your information, you’ll want to list the school code for Chattahoochee Technical School. That code is 005620. This will ensure that your application is sent to us electronically.
- Submit your application.
GSFAPPS (State Aid only)
Please review Steps to Complete GSFAPPS for State Aid only.