Chattahoochee Technical College’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a vital part of the college’s reaffirmation of accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The purpose of a QEP is to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on a topic that improves student learning and/or the learning environment.
Distance Learning: Quality Designed in S.T.E.P.S. (Support, Training, Engagement, Performance, Success) will provide faculty a three-tiered Distance Learning training where faculty are trained in best practices concerning engaging, relevant, and well-structured course design. Faculty will have an increased readiness in teaching blended and online courses. The plan provides an environment where faculty are present, utilize sound online teaching practices, and create engaging academic strategies acquired from tiered training.
Chatt Tech’s QEP, Distance Learning: Quality Designed in S.T.E.P.S. (Support, Training, Engagement, Performance, Success), begins Spring 2024 with a pilot group of ENGL 1101 and PSYC 1101 courses. The complete implementation will occur over five years and will impact all faculty and students.
Ten Things You Should Know About the QEP:
- QEP stands for Quality Enhancement Plan. The plan addresses a well-defined, focused topic designed to enhance student learning and/or the learning environment. A QEP is a requirement for Chattahoochee Technical College’s reaffirmation (reaccreditation) of accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Chattahoochee Technical College’s Quality Enhancement Plan Distance Learning: Quality Designed in S.T.E.P.S. (Support, Training, Engagement, Performance, Success) focuses on the quality of instruction in Distance Learning courses through a three-tiered faculty training program.
- The QEP focuses on improving student success in Distance Learning courses, providing faculty with clear expectations and training in Distance Learning courses’ best practices, and increasing student satisfaction and persistence in Distance Learning courses.
- Given Chatt Tech’s focus on workforce training and a significant rise in Distance Learning course offerings, the college has determined that Success Designed in S.T.E.P.S (Support, Training, Engagement, Performance, and Success), which focuses on the quality of instruction in Distance Learning courses, is an appropriate focus for the QEP.
- Chatt Tech’s QEP will encourage collaboration among colleagues and departments across the institution to promote student learning and development, persistence, and success.
- Input on the QEP topic was gathered from over 900 stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, advisory board members, and local Board of Directors from April 2022 through November 2022. Distance Learning was selected because there is an emphasis across colleges to improve engagement in online courses.
- SACSCOC requires that our college QEP include broad-based involvement of all institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the plan. This includes faculty and staff involvement in the QEP committees, as well as gathering input from college advisory committees, the local Board of Directors, and students.
- SACSCOC is Chattahoochee Technical College’s regional accrediting body.
- SACSCOC accredits Chatt Tech to award degrees and requires a reaffirmation (reaccreditation) process every ten years.
- Successful completion of the reaffirmation process verifies that Chatt Tech complies with SACSCOC’s accreditation requirements. The process also provides internal and external stakeholders an evaluation of the extent to which the college achieves its mission and acknowledgement of the college’s efforts in enhancing the quality of student learning, its programs, and the services it provides.
If you have questions regarding the QEP or want to see how you can get involved, please email the QEP co-directors (Lane Avery – firstname.lastname@example.org and Will Hurst – email@example.com).