Transfer Student Enrollment

Path Icons

CTC welcomes students who have previously attended other colleges or universities. If you have ever attempted college courses at another institution, you are a considered a transfer student and would need to complete the simple steps below:

1. Complete the CTC application for admission and pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.

2. Submit an official copy of your high school or high school equivalency transcript.

Transfer applicants who submit an official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university that shows completion of an associate degree or higher do not need to submit their high school transcript.

If you are having difficulty requesting your high school transcript, please contact your admissions counselor.

3. Submit official transcripts for each regionally accredited college or university you have previously attended.

If you do not want to submit an official transcript from a previously attended college or university, complete the College Transcript Waiver Form to remove the admissions requirement.

Visit our Credits Earned Outside of CTC page to see how credit transfers to CTC. On this page, you will find a link to GAtracs, which is a tool that helps determine if credits earned at another Georgia college or university will transfer to CTC.

4. Submit proof of lawful presence to qualify for in-state tuition. View the list of acceptable lawful presence documents to learn more.

Helpful Hints

  • Due to concerns regarding the availability of ACCUPLACER testing, placement testing is not an admissions requirement for spring and summer semesters. Placement testing is still available to applicants who need guidance on coursework that is appropriate for their skill level but is not required for admission.
  • Upon application, all previously attended colleges will be listed as man­datory admissions requirements. College transcript requirements may be satisfied by submission of an official transcript or the College Transcript Waiver.
  • Students who attended college outside the U.S. are required to have transcripts sent to an approved evaluation agency. Learn more about approved evaluation agencies. Applicants who attended a foreign college or university may complete the College Transcript Waiver Form if they do not want to submit their transcript(s) for evaluation.
  • A transcript is considered official if it is delivered to CTC (by mail or in person) in the same sealed envelope it was placed in by the issuing institution. Approved electronic transcript sending services can send official secure transcripts to (Emailed or faxed transcripts are not acceptable.)
  • CTC cannot award transfer credit from a previous college if the applicant has not submitted an official transcript from that specific institution.
  • The application process for financial aid is separate; learn more about aid options by visiting CTC Financial Aid.
  • If you had previously applied as a transient or non-degree seeking student, your requirements will be different from those listed above.
News and Updates
Upcoming Events

Summer Semester Begins

12:00 am - 11:59 pm

Memorial Day: CTC Closed

12:00 am - 11:59 pm