Admission Types

Chattahoochee Tech logo

Traditional Student Types:

(students that already earned their High School diploma or GED)

Beginning Student

You are a beginning student if you have never attended college before.  All previous dual enrollment students must apply as Beginning.

Transfer Student

You are a transfer student if you have previously attended another college.

Transient Student

You are a transient student if you are currently enrolled at another institution and want to take coursework at Chattahoochee Tech to transfer back to your home institution.

International Student

You are an international student if you will be attending Chattahoochee Tech on a student visa.


You are a Non-Degree Seeking student if you only want to enroll in a limited number of courses and do not want to complete a degree/diploma/certificate program.

Returning Student

You are a returning student if you have previously been a student at Appalachian Technical College, Chattahoochee Technical College or North Metro Technical College.

Veteran Student

You are a veteran student if you are a military service veteran or are a dependent or spouse of a military service veteran. 

High School Student Types:

(students still enrolled in High School)

High School Student (Dual Enrollment)

You are a Dual Enrollment (DE) student if you are currently in high school and want to take classes at Chattahoochee Tech to receive high school and college credit simultaneously.

Dual Achievement (DAP)/Chatt Tech College Academy

You are a Dual Achievement (DAP)/Chatt Tech College Academy student if you are planning on withdrawing from your traditional high school and enrolling with our Academy to complete your high school courses and 2 Technical Certificates of credit to receive your high school diploma.

GA MATCH High School Senior

You are a Georgia MATCH High School applicant if you are a high school senior who has been matched with Chattahoochee Technical College through the Georgia MATCH program.

News and Updates