Qualifying test scores to participate in Dual Enrollment (for academic courses*) are as follows:
SAT, ACT, and/or PSAT Scores
- Minimum required scores for New SAT – 25 Reading Test 26 Writing 24 Math Test
- Minimum required scores for ACT – 19 Reading 19 English and 19 Math
- Minimum required scores for PSAT – 23 Reading 24 Writing and Language Arts 22 Math
- Minimum required scores HOPE GPA – 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade
- Accepted for public and private eligible high school students
- An unofficial or official high school transcript must be uploaded that includes a grade level higher than a 10 and states HOPE GPA/Final GPA to be processed.
Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Scores
- Minimum required scores for Next-Generation ACCUPLACER: 236 Reading, 249 Writing, 229 Arithmetic, 245 Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics
ACCUPLACER Testing Information
- There is no charge for the first ACCUPLACER placement testing attempt for Dual Enrollment students.
- Students have unlimited retest opportunities to meet qualifying test scores. A $15 retesting fee will be required per attempt.
- Testing days/times vary per campus.
- Students must present their photo ID at the time of the test, and identify themselves to the testing administrator as a high school student testing for Dual Enrollment.
- Students must know/bring their Social Security Number, as this will be used to issue a Chattahoochee Tech student ID number (900#).
- Students must select “testing for Dual Enrollment” on the Testing Registration Form (completed at the time of the test) to ensure that the testing fee is waived.
- Students are allotted two testing attempts to meet minimum scores per enrollment term.
- The ACCUPLACER test is not timed but typically takes 2-3 hours to complete all sections.
- CTC does not allow outside calculators; the test will offer one if needed.
- Test scores will be received immediately upon completion of the test.
- Test resources and study guides.
- Please contact Disability Support Services to inquire about testing accommodations, if necessary.
*Testing requirements differ for diploma/technical courses.
- If you have taken the SAT, go to the College Board website, log into your account, and save a copy of your score report (or take a screen shot). Upload Your Scores Here.
Note: Do not pay to have your scores sent through College Board.
- If you have taken the ACT, go to the ACT website, log into your account, and print a copy of your score report (or take a screen shot). Upload Your Scores Here.
Note: Do not pay to have your scores sent through ACT.
- If you have not taken the SAT and/or ACT or your scores do not meet the minimum requirements, you will be required to take our college ACCUPLACER test.
For additional information, please contact us at Dual.Enroll@chattahoocheetech.edu.