Transfer Student Enrollment
CTC welcomes students who have previously attended other colleges or universities. If you have ever attempted college courses at another institution, you are a considered a transfer student and would need to complete the simple steps below:
1. Apply and pay the $20 application fee.
2. Submit an official copy of your high school or high school equivalency transcript.
– Transfer students who have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this.
3. Submit official transcripts for each regionally accredited college or university you have previously attended.
– CTC honors academic standing policies of other institutions. What does that mean?
– To see how credit is transferred to CTC, click HERE.
4. Take the Compass placement test. View additional testing information HERE.
– You may be exempt from the test if you have previously completed degree-level college coursework in English and math or have taken the Compass, ACT or SAT in the last five years.
5. Provide verification of lawful presence to qualify for in-state tuition.
- The application process for financial aid is separate. Go HERE for more information.
- A transcript is official if it is delivered to CTC (by mail or in person) in the same sealed envelope it was placed in by the issuing institution. Transcripts can also be sent to Ashleigh.Baham@chattahoocheetech.edu using an approved, secure electronic transcript sending service.
- If you had previously applied as a transient or non-degree seeking student, your requirements will be different.
- Students who graduated from a school outside the U.S. are required to have transcripts sent to an approved evaluation agency. Find approved agencies HERE.
- More questions? Contact an Admissions Counselor.