If you are a CTC student and you need assistance with issues related to access for Banner, Blackboard, or email services, please follow these initial steps prior to contacting the Student Help Desk. We have found that following these first steps will solve most access issues.
To begin with, you must know your CTC issued Student email address. If you do not know your email address, click the following link to access our student lookup system. https://studentbils.chattahoocheetech.edu/
NOTE: At this time the Student Help Desk cannot provide personal computer or software application support.
Steps to Access your Email
- Please access your email at https://outlook.com/students.chattahoocheetech.edu/
- Your Username is your full CTC student email address. (Example – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your initial password is CTC (DASH-)and your 6 digit Date of Birth MMDDYY (Example: CTC-010279) NOTE: Uppercase letters.
- After logging in, please follow the prompts for registering alternate contact information and password reset questions.
- Change your password to something you can remember and to provide more security for your account.
NOTE: you must register an alternate form of contact and/or password reset questions to proceed with resetting your password.
- In a browser, please go to: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/
- Enter your full CTC email address in the “User ID” field, and complete the CAPTCHA.
- The following section is guided in your browser. Please follow the on-screen prompts.
Have you been prompted to change your password upon login?
Please don’t be alarmed if you are prompted to reset your password when logging in to Office 365 or an on-campus computer. Passwords for students expire annually and must be changed.
Unsure of your CTC ID? To look up your Banner Student ID, CTC e-mail address, and/or your Windows login user name, click this link to Find my ID.
Need More Help?
If the steps outlined above still do not help you, please submit a Student Helpdesk Request Form.
Be prepared to provide your full name, student ID (900#), and contact information as well as the proper categorization of your IT issue.
Student Help Desk Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (noon)
NOTE: All correspondence after normal business hours will be answered the next business day.
Student Computer, Printer, and Email Policies
- Chattahoochee Technical College Student Computer Use Policy
- Chattahoochee Technical College Student Printing Policy
- Chattahoochee Technical College Student Email Policy
Blackboard Technical Support
- Link to Blackboard.
- Complete a “Help Desk Request Form” in the “Help and Resources” block to get assistance from BLACKBOARD administrators.