Through the end of the ninth week of the semester, students may withdraw from any or all courses from their schedule. Students are responsible for withdrawing themselves from any or all of the classes through Banner Web. No withdrawals will be processed after the ‘W’ period ends. Students who do not withdraw from classes will be assigned grades earned.
Any student receiving federal student aid (Pell, SEOG, etc.) who completely withdraws from all classes during a given period of enrollment and completes less than 60% of the term (based on the instructor’s determination of last date of attendance) may be required to return funds to Chattahoochee Technical College and/or the US Department of Education.
Requirements to withdraw online:
- You must be a current student.
- You must have a login and a PIN number. (Please see your adviser if you do not have your login and PIN information.)
- You must not have any registration holds. Possible registration holds include (but are not limited to): financial aid, bookstore, academics, and transcripts.
Banner Web Withdrawal Instructions:
- Read Withdrawal criteria above.
- Read and print these instructions for future use.
- Click here to continue to BannerWeb.
- Select the Banner Web icon
- Type your student identification number or social security number in the user id field. Do not use dashes. Example: user id = 123456789.
- Type your personal identification number, also called PIN in the PIN field. Your Banner web PIN was initially created as a six digit number from your birthday. For example, if you were born on April 21, 1990, you PIN would be 042190 (mmddyy).
- Click the ‘Login’ button.
- Click on ‘Student Services and Financial Aid’ at the top of the page.
- Click ‘Registration’ even though you are withdrawing.
- Click ‘Add/Drop Classes’.
- Click on the term in which you wish to withdraw.
- Click on ‘Submit Term’.
- Scroll down the page and locate the course(s) you wish to withdraw.
- Next to the course is a box with an arrow pointing down.
- Click on the arrow and select ‘Self-Service Withdraw’.
- Repeat this process on the next course if necessary.
- Once all the courses have been selected, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to process the withdrawal.
Hardship Withdrawal Policy
Students may request a hardship withdrawal through the Records Office. Hardship withdrawals are restricted to absences/events that occur AFTER the normal withdrawal period. If granted, hardship withdrawals must be done for ALL enrolled classes for a given term. If the normal withdraw period is still open, we will not accept a Hardship Withdraw form.