What is an advisement team?
Advisement teams are comprised of either specified professional academic advisors or a combination of professional academic advisors and program faculty advisors. Advisement teams are assigned in our Banner system based on a student’s chosen program of study. Assigned advisement teams are visible to students in DegreeWorks.
Why do I have an advisement team for my program?
By creating a team of advisors, students have access to a more robust knowledge base since professional academic advisors and program faculty advisors each offer specialized and unique perspectives to their assigned programs. Students can choose and work with more than one advising team member based on the advising need at the time.
How do I find who is on my advisement team?
Students can visit the Meet Our Advisors page and look through the programs listed under each advisor. Advisement team contact information is also listed on the program’s webpage.
• Arts and Sciences programs: Technical Specialist and Interdisciplinary Studies: BUSN, CIST, and General Education tracks
• Building & Manufacturing Technologies: Carpentry, Drafting, Air Conditioning Tech, Precision Machining & Manufacturing, Industrial Maintenance & Electrical Technology, Welding
• Business Sciences: Accounting, Business Management, Business Technology, Marketing Management, Paralegal Studies, Supply Chain Management
• Computers and Engineering: Cybersecurity, Networking, Computer Programming, UX Design & Development, Computer & Electrical Engineering
• Digital Media Technologies: Design & Media Production, Film & Video Production
• Health Sciences: Preadmission programs: Interdisciplinary Studies – Health/Nursing track, Healthcare Assistant Certificate, Healthcare Science Certificate; direct enroll programs: Healthcare Management, Medical Administrative Assistant, Emergency Medical Services
• Professional Services: Brewing & Fermentation, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Drafting, Early Childhood Care & Education, Environmental Science, Horticulture, Interiors
• The School of Nursing: Preadmission programs for ASN, PN, and LPN to RN bridge: Interdisciplinary Studies – Health/Nursing track, Healthcare Assistant Certificate, Healthcare Science Certificate; direct enroll programs: Nurse Aide Accelerated
• Transportation Technologies: Automotive Technology, Diesel Equipment Technology