Interested in making an educational plan for college beyond CTC?
The Office of Advisement has the resources available to help.
Transfer College Fairs
Be sure to attend the Transfer College Fair: Our 2019 Fall Transfer College Fair will be at our North Metro Campus on Wednesday, September 18, from 11 to 2. The Transfer College Fair provides an opportunity to interact with recruiters from numerous four-year colleges and universities and to learn more about CTC’s transfer agreements.
Recruiters who have participated in past Transfer College Fairs have provided feedback to share with students who attend:
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Know your career path and/or your intended program of interest.
- Commit the time to attend the fair and make the most of the opportunity.
- Feel free to bring your unofficial transcript with you.
Here is a list of colleges that typically attend. Not all colleges attend both fairs.
Students who have attended past Transfer College Fairs offered this advice for other students:
- Come with questions and ask them.
- Come prepared to take notes and to gather information.
- Be open to ideas and suggestions from the recruiters.
- Do research on the colleges to prepare for fair.
- Take advantage of the great opportunity to visit colleges.
- Visit as many of the colleges there as possible.
- Have an idea of what major and/or career you want.
- Commit the time to attend.
- Talk with your academic advisor ahead of time.
The Transfer College Fairs are held the third Wednesday in February and the third Wednesday in September. The campus location is either Marietta or North Metro. Look out for posters and emails as the dates get closer.
Transfer Advisement Workshops
Throughout September, the Office of Advisement will be hosting Transfer Advisement Workshops in the Academic Success Centers at both the Marietta and North Metro campuses. Attend these workshops for an advisor-assisted information session that will guide you towards formulating your transfer goals and assist your research of transfer policies and requirements, transfer courses, course equivalencies, and more!
Take the steps to form your academic plan and attend one of the upcoming workshops:
September 4th, 11th, and 25th
Academic Success Center
Marietta and North Metro
General Transfer Information
Transfer agreements between Chattahoochee Technical College and numerous four-year colleges and universities serve to minimize duplication of coursework while allowing for a smooth transition to the next phase of your educational journey.
Articulation Agreements are officially approved agreements between two institutions of higher learning that allow students to apply credits earned at one institution in specific courses or programs toward their advanced standing, entry, or transfer into another institution. Our Current Transfer Agreement with the University System of Georgia provides useful information for course transfer equivalencies with that system. If you have any additional questions about this agreement, please complete the Transfer Advisement Request Form. This form can be located at the bottom of this page.
Other colleges and universities within the state of Georgia as well as outside the state do accept transfer credit from Chattahoochee Technical College. Students interested in transferring to another college will need to contact the receiving institution to determine the transferability of a particular course.
Contact a member of your program’s advisement team for more information about any program-specific articulation agreements that may exist.
Research and identify:
- The intended program of study and four-year institution.
- That institution’s transfer admission requirements.
- Course requirements for that program and institution.
- Any information provided by the institution regarding the transferability of courses.
GATRACS is a partnership of Georgia’s educational organizations whose mission is to make course transfer information available to all Georgia citizens through an online web portal. The GATRACS site is an important tool for students to use to explore transfer opportunities. Start now!
Still have questions?
Talk to an advisor. The Office of Advisement is here to guide and empower you. Please fill out the form below and an academic advisor in the Office of Advisement will reach out to you within 48 business hours. Students in a Health Sciences program must speak to a Health Sciences advisor.