Free Tuition (for eligible programs*)
The HOPE Career Grant (formerly known as the Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant) is a financial award for Technical College System of Georgia students and was first presented by the Governor’s Office in Fall 2013. It awards funds to students who meet certain criteria and who are enrolled in certain programs.
Remember to fill out the FAFSA application first.
Click below for more information:
*Current eligible programs at CTC:
Air Conditioning Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Automotive Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Commercial Truck Driving (CTD) (Certificate)
Computer Numerical Controls (CNC) Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Computer Programming (Diploma)
Cybersecurity (Certificate and Diploma)
Design and Media Production Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Diesel Equipment Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Early Childhood Care & Education (Certificate and Diploma)
Industrial Maintenance and Electrical Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
Networking Specialist (Certificate and Diploma)
Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Certificate)
Practical Nursing (Diploma)
Supply Chain Specialist (Certificate)
Web Application Development (Diploma)
Welding and Joining Technology (Certificate and Diploma)
|Credit Hours Enrolled||HOPE Career Grant Award Amount Only|
3 – 8 hours
1 – 2 hours
- Students must be receiving HOPE Grant in the same semester they wish to receive HOPE Career Grant funding.
- There is a one-time award of $1,000 to eligible students enrolled in Commercial Truck Driving (CTD). Students must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours (full program).
- High school students participating in dual enrollment are NOT eligible for the HOPE Career Grant.
- Students must apply for financial aid and meet other minimum requirements. CTC suggests that students complete the FAFSA application. No additional application is needed.
- The CTD classes do not operate on a regular semester, as they are only eight (8) weeks in length.
For information on all HOPE and State Aid programs, go to GAfutures.org.