Step #1: Completing Required Surveys & Activating your Accommodations
In order to activate your accommodations, you must:
- Logon to your Accommodate Account
- Note: you will need to use the same username & password that you use when logging onto a computer at Chattahoochee Tech or logging onto BlackBoard
- Once you are logged into the Accommodate platform, you will see two surveys on the home page that must be completed:
- Academic Misconduct
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- ***Note: if you have already signed off on these surveys for a pervious semester, you do NOT have to do this again. You can bypass this step and move onto #3.
- You must open each survey, read & review the content, and then electronically sign at the bottom
- Click on “Accommodation” tab at the top of the page.
- Select Semester Request
- Click “New”
- Select the correct semester
- Select “Submit for All Accommodations”
You will have to wait until DSS approves of these requests:
- Once DSS has approved your accommodations, you will “Review the Renewal”
Students can deselect accommodations for a particular class. For example, if you are eligible for the accommodation of “use of calculator”, most likely you are only planning on using this accommodation in a math, science, or accounting related course – thus, you may not want to activate this accommodation for an English course.
- This process allows you as the student to apply the accommodations that you will need/want for a particular course without having all your accommodations show up for an instructor in which you will not use that particular accommodation
- Once approved by DSS, an electronic Accommodation Letter will be emailed to your student email and your instructor(s) within 5 business days of the date you submitted your request.
Step #2: Signing your Accommodation Letter
After DSS sends out your Accommodation Letter to instructors, both the student and the faculty are required to log into Accommodate to review the letter & electronically sign. Once Disability Support Services has approved your activated accommodations for the semester, you will then be able to access your Accommodation Letter through your Accommodate logon page. In order to access your Accommodation Letter,
- The student will receive an email directing you to log back into Accommodation to review your Accommodation Letter
- Once logged onto Accommodate, click on Accommodation
- Click on Accommodation Letters (you will see a note saying signature required)
- After you discuss your letter with your instructor and/or agree with the listed accommodations, you will electronically sign the letter
- Click submit
Step #3: Discuss your Accommodation Letter with your Instructors
It is your responsibility to arrange a meeting with each instructor to discuss your accommodations for that course.
- Do not assume that email submission of your Accommodation Letter to instructors confirms agreement of the listed accommodations.
- Accommodations are not granted retroactively. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss accommodation needs with instructors in a timely manner, preferably within the first week of the semester.
- Any disagreement between student and faculty regarding accommodations (or failure to provide accommodations) must be communicated in writing to DSS within 2 business days in order to seek a resolution, per OCR (Office of Civil Rights) rulings.
- To submit a concern regarding your accommodation, please email Disability@ChattahoocheeTech.edu. Please include your name, 900#, and nature of the issue. DSS will work with you and your instructor in order to identify a mutually agreeable solution.
View a Step-by-Step Document
Activate Your Accommodations