Students are able to participate in organizations regardless of home campus or meeting locations. Organizations with an asterisk (*) have specific requirements for membership (i.e. GPA) per national organization requirements. Student organizations typically meet at Campus indicated.
Club meeting dates and locations are found on our CAMPUS LIFE CALENDAR.
Contact information for individual student clubs is provided below. For general questions about student organizations, please contact email@example.com.
Please see the Campus Life Student Organization Guide for guidelines governing all student organizations at Chattahoochee Technical College.
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)*
NTHS is a national organization with the goal of honoring outstanding technical college students. Membership is based on GPA and number of hours completed.
- Advisor : George Austin, George.Austin@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Advisor: Elizabeth Anderson, Elizabeth.Anderson@chattahoocheetech.edu
Sigma Alpha Pi – The National Society of Leadership and Success*
Sigma Alpha Pi exists to assist college students in creating the lives they desire by helping students discover what they truly want to do and giving them the support and tools to achieve their goals. Membership is based on GPA.
- Advisor: Hollie Queen, Hollie.Queen@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Advisor: Jarod Lynn, Jarod.Lynn@chattahoocheetech.edu
SKILLS-USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations, including health fields. The organization’s purpose is to complement student skills training with personal development. Students learn such qualities and attitudes as leadership, citizenship, self-respect, and high standards of craftsmanship and ethics. Students may participate in state and national competitions. It was formerly known as VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
- Advisor: Kevin Ruby, Kevin.Ruby@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Advisor: Joe Kazemian, Joe.Kazemian@chattahoocheetech.edu
Student Government Association (SGA)
Student Government Association promotes activities and provides services that contribute to the cultural, social, moral, and intellectual development of students. SGA is composed of representatives from each club plus members-at-large who plan school-wide activities and service projects.
- Advisor: Faith Sumpter, Faith.Sumpter@chattahoocheetech.edu
Student Nurses’ Association (SNA)*
Student Nurses’ Association exists to contribute to nursing education, aid in the development of the whole person, provide camaraderie between students and provide opportunities to meet healthcare professionals. Membership is limited to students enrolled in or seeking enrollment in the Associate degree nursing program.
- Interim Advisor: Quetina Pittman-Howell, Quetina.Pittman@chattahoocheetech.edu
The Humanities Club promotes art and culture of humanity through creative methods in order to offer students a chance to further their artistic side. It is dedicated to advancing the creative side of CTC students through activities that foster artistic exploration, values, and concepts.
- Advisor: Carolyn Lawrence, Carolyn.Lawrence@chattahoocheetech.edu
Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)
Association of Information Technology Professionals is a student branch of a national professional organization. This chapter was founded in 1968 and is designed for students planning careers in information technology. The chapter has monthly meetings with speakers from area companies. Local competition winners compete at regional and national conferences.
- Advisor: Steve Prettyman, Steve.Prettyman@chattahoocheetech.edu
Automotive Club (AC)
This club exists for students who are enrolled in an automotive program or are interested in automotive pursuits. Members work on car restoration and other projects, attend car shows, and interact with professionals in the field to further their working knowledge in this industry.
- Advisor: Kevin Ruby, Kevin.Ruby@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Diane Geis, Diane.Geis@chattahoocheetech.edu
Christian Fellowship Club
Membership is open to all students currently enrolled at Chattahoochee Technical College. The club exists to provide regular opportunities to study and discuss the Bible, worship and pray, all in a group setting which also provides opportunities for fellowship, encouragement and spiritual development among members.
- Advisor: Daffany Anglin, Daffany.Anglin@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Bernetta Knighten, Bernetta.Knighten@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Ebony Gammon, Ebony.Gammon@chattahoocheetech.edu
CLT Club (Clinical Laboratory Technology)*
This organization’s purpose is to further the knowledge of the CLT professional through educational opportunities. This will be accomplished by offering guest speakers and member presentations. In addition, the organization encourages participation with local, state and national professional organizations. Other activities include fundraisers and community projects. This club exists for students who are currently enrolled in the CLT program.
- Advisor: Robin Aiken, Robin.Aiken@chattahoocheetech.edu
The International Club acts as an active support group of the International Community. It serves as a focal point for International student initiatives, concerns, and social functions. The Club sponsors an annual celebration of International Education Week highlighting the cultural diversity of the college and its educational programs of interest. Club members practice cross-cultural skills as they learn to be global leaders and participate in service projects. Selected Club members participate in the annual Georgia International Leadership Conference.
- Advisor: Greg Moor, Greg.Moor@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Angie Gonzalez, Angie.Gonzalez@chattahoocheetech.edu
Phi Beta Lambda (PBL)
Phi Beta Lambda is a student branch of a national organization that provides opportunities for students who have career plans in business and office occupations. Students hold monthly meetings, sponsor service projects, and participate in state conferences and competitions.
- Advisor: Lisa Houston, Lisa.Houston@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Advisor: Nate Akins, Nathan.Akins@chattahoocheetech.edu
Public Safety Club
The club exists primarily for students planning to enter public safety careers in criminal justice, paramedics/EMT, fire science, and any other related field. In addition to regular meetings, students also take trips to enhance their knowledge in the field, such as an earlier trip to Philadelphia to learn about the U.S. Constitution.
- Advisor: Craig Cass, Craig.Cass@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Marcy Hehnly, Marcy.Hehnly@chattahoocheetech.edu
Science & Math Club
The Science and Math Club promotes awareness of, and appreciation for, science and mathematics; it aims to highlight the effects of science and mathematics on today’s society. The purpose of the club is to provide activities that allow students to see how math and science are utilized in all aspects of life.
- Advisor: Dennis Missavage, Dennis.Missavage@chattahoocheetech.edu
Mountain View Campus
Entertainment Technology Council (ETC)
This organization’s purpose is to enhance the member skills to enter the broadcast industry including film, television, radio and news media.
- Advisor: Ian Feinberg, Ian.Feinberg@chattahoocheetech.edu
The Interiors Club was created to educate and expose students to the world of interior design. The club will help members create and organize portfolios, polish individual resumes, and share concepts and ideas with one another. The purpose of the organization is to advance the theory and practice of interior design. Through various projects, students will build strong social and educational ties that foster high academic achievement and interaction with interior design professionals in the community.
- Advisor: Ginger Burton, Ginger.Burton@chattahoocheetech.edu
White Hat Brigade
This organization’s purpose is to enhance member skills to enter the culinary industry. Members have the opportunity to meet with professionals as well as participate in competitions.
- Advisor: Hillary Gallagher, Hillary.Gallagher@chattahoocheetech.edu
North Metro Campus
Biological Sciences Club
The Biological Sciences Club serves the students, faculty, staff and greater community by creating an atmosphere of lifelong learning in the biological sciences.
- Advisor: Jarod Lynn, Jarod.Lynn@chattahoocheetech.edu
Chess & Board Game Club
This club provides regular opportunities for students to gather in an informal group setting to socialize and play chess, board games and card games. Come join the fun! Membership is open to all students across all campuses.
- Contact Campus.Life@chattahoocheetech.edu for more information about this club.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE Student Branch)
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE members attend a robotics competition annually showcasing their talents.
- Advisor: Stephanie O’Donoghue, Stephanie.ODonoghue@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Mike O’Rear, Mike.Orear@chattahoocheetech.edu
Lambda Nu (Radiography Organization)*
Lambda Nu is a national honor society for the radiologic and imaging sciences. Its objectives are to foster academic scholarship and promote research and investigation in the radiologic and imaging sciences. This club is only for Radiography students who are currently enrolled in the program.
- Interim Advisor: Stacey Carter, Stacey.Carter@chattahoocheetech.edu
Professional Land Care Network (PLANET)
The professional Land Care Network is an organization for students in the Environmental Horticulture program. PLANET participates in garden tours, seminars, industry-related trade shows, and PLANET Student Field Day and Career Day. This organization provides an opportunity for members to improve their leadership skills and explore careers in the horticulture field.
- Advisor: John Hatfield, John.Hatfield@chattahoocheetech.edu
Rho Tau Alpha (Physical Therapist Assistant) Club
Rho Tau Alpha’s (PTA) mission is to create a better understanding of the vastness, diversity, and complexity of the profession of physical therapy through a supportive and informative environment for students enrolled in the physical therapist assistant program.
- Advisor: Stephanie Puffer, Stephanie.Puffer@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Co-Advisor: Christine Miller, Christine.Miller@chattahoocheetech.edu
The Surgical Technology Club is an organization that aims to provide surgical technology professionals with skill, knowledge, and experiences that will help them deliver total quality patient care. To accomplish this goal, educational opportunities are offered via guest speakers, shared experiences, and member presentations. Other activities include fundraisers and community projects.
- Advisor: Lorraine Wilderman, Lorraine.Wilderman@chattahoocheetech.edu
- Advisor: Torey Works, Torey.Works@chattahoocheetech.edu