The purpose of the Chattahoochee Technical College Library is to provide information resources and library services to meet the institutional mission of preparing students for employment and assisting them in pursuit of their educational, career, and personal goals. The Library is committed to the support of academic programs for the broad range of students in the technical college.
The Chattahoochee Technical College Library offers its patrons the following:
- a supportive library climate in which instruction and learning can flourish and are fostered by an easily-accessible, open environment that enhances student education and meets the research needs of faculty and staff.
- a collection of resources that complements and enhances the curriculum of the College and reflects the cultural, ethnic, racial, and gender diversity of the campus community.
- access to remote resources via newer technologies including online electronic resources such as GALILEO, the Internet, digital publications, and the library catalog.
- a Library Instruction program, both individual and group, which teaches students to make effective use of information resources, fosters critical thinking, information literacy, and a desire for lifelong learning.
- a collaborative formal and informal resource sharing arrangement with other area academic libraries in the Southeastern region through the use of OCLC and Interlibrary Loan.
The library offers a variety of services including countless Internet resources, for conducting research or reading for pleasure.
- Assistance with class papers, projects, and assignments
- Computers for school or leisure purposes (school use has priority)
- Printers & photocopiers
- Tables for group study, or carrels for individual study
- Quiet study areas or group study rooms