Disability Support Services (DSS)
Welcome to Chattahoochee Technical College’s Disability Support Services (DSS)! DSS assists in fulfilling its commitment to educate and serve students with disabilities who qualify for admission. DSS coordinates and provides a variety of academic and support services to students.
Chattahoochee Technical College believes that all students should have equal access to higher education. DSS provides accommodations and services that are individualized and appropriate for students with documented disabilities. This site provides information about the rights of those diagnosed with a disability, along with information about the laws, necessary documentation, frequently asked questions, policies and procedures, resource information and much more.
The office of DSS is to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to all College programs and activities. We provide students the opportunity to reach their full potential by:
- coordinating academic accommodations and support services.
- promoting independence and self-advocacy.
- providing information and referral to appropriate resources.
We help to foster a supportive and inclusive educational environment by:
- building and maintaining partnerships with faculty and staff.
- promoting disability awareness among all members of the College community.
- providing guidance regarding College policies and procedures to ensure the full participation for persons with disabilities in all aspects of campus life.
The Office of DSS will strive to become a model program serving students with disabilities in higher education. We are committed to developing a society in which individuals with disabilities thrive and participate fully. These individuals will be challenged to become responsible decision-makers, problem solvers and self-advocates in charge of their own destiny. We envision a campus community where all individuals are seen as valued and contributing members of society. Respect for all will encompass everything we do.