Information about this exciting field:
Radiographers are fundamentally involved with the early detection of disease, the accurate diagnosis of various medical conditions, and the ongoing treatment of a wide range of illnesses. They work as vital members of the healthcare team in a variety of clinical settings, preparing patients for and administering X-rays and other radiological medical procedures.
Is this program for me?
The Radiography program at Chattahoochee Technical College attracts students who are up to the challenges presented in this medically advanced field. Individuals who find themselves drawn to the sciences, medical technology, and human interaction will typically become successful students in this demanding program. Safety is key. Our students are taught the industry-standard principles of time, distance, and shielding to minimize radiation exposure for themselves and for their patients. Program graduates receive an Associate of Applied Science degree in Radiologic Technology, possess the qualifications of an entry-level radiographer and are eligible to take the national boards administered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) after all academic and clinical requirements are met. Here are some qualities and skills exhibited by successful Radiographers:
- Personable and patient
- Clear communication
- Excellent record-keeping ability
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a timely manner
- Safety conscious
- Adept at medical terminology, mathematics, anatomy, and physiology
- Ability to properly use a variety of medical equipment
- Physical strength and stamina
Radiography occupational courses will be completed in four (4) semesters.
- Radiography Program Admission Information Fall 2021
- Radiography Admission Points Fall 2021
- Register for Radiography Virtual Application Session Fall 2021
- Health Sciences Virtual Application Session Q&A
- RAD Program Effectiveness Data
- Radiography Program Mission Statement
- Radiography Program Information
- Radiography Program Estimated Specific Program Fees and Expenses w/o Tuition
- College Tuition and Fees
- ATI TEAS Testing
Students should contact a Health Sciences Advisor with questions about admission criteria or to schedule an advisement appointment.
Program prerequisite courses are offered at multiple campuses and online. Radiography occupational courses are offered at the North Metro Campus.
Jamie Bailey, M.S.H.S. RT(R)