Chattahoochee Technical College President Dr. Ron Newcomb recently received the prestigious 2023 Dr. Robert A. Lipson Award from the Cobb Chamber of Commerce. This award is presented to an outstanding… Continue Reading Cobb Chamber of Commerce Presents Dr. Ron Newcomb with 2023 Dr. Robert Lipson Award
Our mission is to provide short-term, professional mental health counseling to address the academic, career, and personal development of all students. Our goal is to empower students to seek a well-balanced, healthy lifestyle with positive perspective and optimal coping skills to reach full potential.
Counseling at a Glance: Let’s Talk About It
– Counseling sessions are by appointment only, unless a crisis situation develops.
– Counseling sessions are 50 minutes in length.
– Clients arriving 20 minutes or more after the scheduled appointment time may be asked to reschedule the appointment.
– Clients are asked to call to cancel an appointment at least two hours in advance.
– Client notes and related information will be kept securely on file in a locked file and in Titanium, a secure software platform. Counseling files are not a part of educational files.
– Counselor may tape sessions, with client permission, in order to transcribe accurate session notes at a later time and to clarify presenting issues.