Chattahoochee Technical College honored a select group of students at its Student Leadership Academy graduation ceremony held Friday, April 1, at the college’s North Metro Campus.
The Student Leadership Academy is an annual, semester-long program at Chattahoochee Tech to prepare students to become effective workforce leaders. This initiative, which was sponsored by Open Roads Complete RV, also gave participants the opportunity to be mentored by top-level administrators from Chattahoochee Tech along with local business and community leaders. Included among these leaders who facilitated training sessions with the students were Darion Dunn, Marty Hughes, Jim Larson, Drew Tutton, and Jason Sleeman.
In order to participate in the Student Leadership Academy, students must complete an application process that includes an interview, meeting GPA requirements and providing evidence of community or work-related leadership activities. The semester-long program culminates with one student being selected to receive an award of $500, which was presented by Drew Tutton of Open Roads Complete RV. This year’s award winner was Chattahoochee Tech student Kaley Partain.
The 2022 Student Leadership Academy graduates and their programs of study included:
• Lashanda Anderson, Design and Media Production
• Daniel Barraclough, Accounting
• Natnael Bayeligne, CIST Cybersecurity
• Samantha Bulloch, Interdisciplinary Studies/CIST Track
• Daniel Carter, Cybersecurity
• Latoya Drakeford, Business Management
• Payton Hood, Marketing Management
• Kaley Partain, Business Management