Chattahoochee Technical College followed and adhered to the regulations and guidelines in the CARES/HEERF grant legislation, and disbursed funds to eligible students for emergency assistance related to the disruption of campus operations and instruction due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Chattahoochee Technical College utilized significant discretion on awarding these emergency assistance grants to eligible students. At the time of disbursement, the only statutory requirements are that students use the funds for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. It is common knowledge no student has been left without financial distress due to the factors listed in the legislation. Chattahoochee Technical College made every effort to ensure the quick and equitable distribution of the funds to students while still following mandated guidelines.
- The school signed an agreement document for the student portion of the CARES act funding on May 22, 2020 and received funding from Department of Education on May 27, 2020.
- The college has received approval to disburse $2,451,827 to students.
- The college has identified and disbursed to 9,277 eligible students on June 8, 2020,
- The college has disbursed $2,430,574 to students,
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrolled on March 13 in Spring Semester credit course at Chattahoochee Technical College
- Enrolled in at least 1 credit hour in which the classes end date was on or after March 13th.
- Enrolled in at least one credit hour in a for credit class as of March 13, 2020.
- Foreign Students
- Transient Students where CTC is not considered the home campus.
- Students exclusively enrolled in Spring Semester courses that ended prior to March 13, 2020.
- The award amount was determined by dividing the DOE award amount by the number of eligible students.
- Students received email communication concerning the disbursement of the award and the eligibility requirements.
CARES Funds Disbursement Report Update – July 23, 2020
On June 8, 2020, Chattahoochee Technical College disbursed $2,430,574 from the student portion of the CARES act funding to 9,277 eligible students. As of July 23, 2020, Chattahoochee Technical College has not dispersed additional funding from the student portion of the CARES act.
CARES Funds – Institutional Portion Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting:
Please click to review quarterly reports below: