Chattahoochee Technical College
400 Nathan Dean Blvd
Dallas, GA 30132
- Thursday, April 10, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm: Child Sexual Abuse
- Friday, April 11, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm: Sexual Exploitation
The Office of Service Learning is proud to announce a collaborative event taking place on Thursday, April 10, and Friday, April 11, on the topic of Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. The goal of the event is to educate the public on these issues highlighting the impact from a sociological, criminological, and psychological perspective. Speakers will provide information that will be helpful to healthcare professionals, early childhood care providers, public safety personnel, parents and students.
POST credit (police training credit) will be offered to any police officer who attends. Police officers should contact Charles Spann (Charles.Spann@chattahoocheetech.edu) to register for the event. This event is also open to faculty, staff, students and the community.
PLEASE NOTE: Students will need to get approval from their instructors to earn Service Learning hours for this event.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact the Office of Service Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED DUE TO MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS REGISTERED.
The Chattahoochee Technical College Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement is committed to supporting efforts to combine academic instruction with service in the community in order to assist students in pursuing educational, career, and personal goals. Learning which is enhanced through service affirms the value of human life and creates a lifelong commitment to civic engagement, community connectedness, and social responsibility.
- Encourage students to actively and reflectively make a difference in themselves and today’s society.
- Help students and faculty reach academic and personal goals through service.
- Help students and faculty move beyond the classroom and become involved in the community.
- Provide networking opportunities.