CTC students and employees may borrow materials from any CTC Library. Please see our Policies Page for more information.
Students and employees may have any regular circulating item delivered to any other CTC library for pickup or place a request on any item that is currently checked out. Requests can be made in person or through the CTC Library Catalog. You must sign-in to access this feature.
CTC Libraries provide reference assistance to all patrons. Services include research assistance for papers and projects, citations, locating materials in the library, using the library catalog, using library databases, basic assistance with Blackboard, Banner, internet browsers, MS Office Suite, and/or printing and photocopying.
Library Instruction for Classes
CTC Library offers a library instruction program that is customizable to individual class needs. See the Faculty & Staff Library Guide for more information about the different options for library instruction delivery and the topics we can cover.
Library Instruction When the Library is Normally Closed
For a few classes, the normal library hours may not accommodate a class visit. With appropriate advance request, Library staff will schedule an instruction session outside of regular library hours.
Please contact your campus library if you would like to schedule a session.
Computers and Study Spaces
CTC libraries provide computers, printers, photocopiers, casual seating, study carrels, study tables and/or group study rooms.
TechShare and Partner Libraries
CTC students and employees may borrow materials from all Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Libraries via TechShare. Requests can be made in person or through the CTC Library Catalog and be picked up at any CTC or TCSG Library. You must sign-in to access this feature. Choose TCGS Libraries in the drop down menu for the search box to search all TCSG libraries.
CTC students and employees may borrow materials from Kennesaw State University Libraries (KSU) or Reinhardt University Library. Any materials borrowed from another KSU Library or Reinhardt Library should be returned to that library.
Technical College Library Catalogs (TechShare)
- Albany Technical College
- Athens Technical College
- Atlanta Technical College
- Augusta Technical College
- Central Georgia Technical College
- Coastal Pines Technical College
- Columbus Technical College
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Lanier Technical College
- North Georgia Technical College
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College
- Ogeechee Technical College
- Savannah Technical College
- South Georgia Technical College
- Southeastern Technical College
- Southern Crescent Technical College
- Southern Regional Technical College
- West Georgia Technical College
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are for books & articles that are not owned by CTC or other TCSG Libraries and are not available through any online resource such as GALILEO.
Please read the following guidelines:
- Patrons must be in good standing with the library (no overdue materials or fines) in order to use interlibrary loan services.
- Patrons are limited to a reasonable number of interlibrary loan requests per semester.
- Please allow a minimum of 10 days when requesting anything through interlibrary loan.
- Fines for overdue interlibrary loan materials are $1.00 per day.
- Whenever possible, CTC library seeks to borrow from institutions that do not charge for their services.
- In the event that there is a charge by another library for a requested item, the library may pass the fee on to the user. CTC library will make every effort to notify the user of the charge ahead of time.
- CTC library will not request textbooks.
- CTC Library will not request audio books, DVDs, VHS tapes or other audio/visual materials.
- CTC Library will not place materials borrowed via Interlibrary Loan on Reserve.
- If a library patron wishes to request an item that is owned by CTC but currently checked out to another user, they must first request a recall of the item. If the recall is not successful and the item has been checked out for over thirty days, then the patron may submit an interlibrary loan request.
- The borrower accepts financial responsibility for any loss or damage incurred to the item while in their possession.
- CTC Library reserves the right to refuse an interlibrary loan request that, in our judgment, would violate U.S. copyright law, Title 17 U.S. Code. Once an item is received through interlibrary-loan, it is the borrower’s responsibility to avoid copyright infringement.
If you need assistance, please contact your campus librarian.