Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are for books & articles that are not owned by CTC or other TCSG Libraries and are not available through any online resource such as GALILEO.
Please read the following guidelines:
- Patrons must be in good standing with the library (no overdue materials or fines) in order to use interlibrary loan services.
- Patrons are limited to a reasonable number of interlibrary loan requests per semester.
- Please allow a minimum of 10 days when requesting anything through interlibrary loan.
- Fines for overdue interlibrary loan materials are $1.00 per day.
- Whenever possible, CTC library seeks to borrow from institutions that do not charge for their services.
- In the event that there is a charge by another library for a requested item, the library may pass the fee on to the user. CTC library will make every effort to notify the user of the charge ahead of time.
- CTC library will not request textbooks for students.
- CTC Library will not request audio books, DVDs, VHS tapes or other audio/visual materials via Interlibrary Loan.
- CTC Library will not place materials borrowed via Interlibrary Loan on Reserve.
- If a library patron wishes to request an item that is owned by CTC but currently checked out to another user, they must first request a recall of the item. If the recall is not successful and the item has been checked out for over thirty days, then the patron may submit an interlibrary loan request.
- The borrower accepts financial responsibility for any loss or damage incurred to the item while in their possession.
- CTC Library reserves the right to refuse an interlibrary loan request that, in our judgment, would violate U.S. copyright law, Title 17 U.S. Code. Once an item is received through interlibrary-loan, it is the borrower’s responsibility to avoid copyright infringement.
If you need assistance, please contact your campus librarian.