Growing. Learning. Observing. Working.
Connecting the Pieces: Where the Classroom Meets the Workplace
An internship is a form of experiential learning to help current students connect what they are learning in the classroom with hands-on experience in the workplace. Internships are a vital component for career development.
Benefits of the Internship Program
- Build meaningful work experience and strengthen your résumé.
- Develop strong networking/mentoring relationships.
- Identify, clarify, and/or confirm professional direction as it relates to your academic studies and future career path.
- Enhance your marketability to employers upon graduation.
- Gain an understanding of professional cultures and expectations.
- Evaluate and improve on your strengths and weaknesses.
Targeted Academic Credit-Bearing Programs
Accounting, Automotive Collision Repair, Automotive Technology, CNC Technology, CIST – Programming, CIST – Web Applications, Design and Media Production Technology, Drafting Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Environmental Science Technology, Horticulture, Interiors, Industrial Maintenance, Welding and Joining Technology
Note: If you do not see your program of study above, please contact your faculty advisor.
How does it all work? Link to G.L.O.W. Internship Program Steps.
- Must be a current CTC student
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Must meet with your faculty advisor prior to meeting with Career Services staff
Next Steps (academic credit-bearing programs)
Step 1: Schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor.
Step 2: Fill out the G.L.O.W Faculty Pre- Approval Form with faculty advisor during your appointment.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment with the Office of Career Development.
Spring 2019 Term:
Application Open: October 29, 2018
Deadline for final approvals for online application: December 14, 2018
Start date: January 14, 2019
End date: May 11, 2019
Summer 2019 Term:
Application Open: March 19, 2019
Deadline for final approvals for online application: May 11, 2019
Start date: June 3, 2019
End date: August 2, 2019
Fall 2019 Term:
Application Open: April 22, 2019
Deadline for final approvals for online application: August 2, 2019
Start date: August 19, 2019
End date: December 11, 2019
Questions? Please contact the Office of Career Development at 770-529-2388 or email Career.Services@chattahoocheetech.edu.