What happens when a Title IX or Equity violation is reported?
There are five (5) steps that will occur once a Title IX or Equity violation has been reported:
1. The complainant will be contacted by a member of the Student Equity Team.
a. Complainants will generally be contacted via phone call or CTC student email.
2. A meeting will be scheduled for you with a member of the Student Equity Team.
a. This meeting is designed to gather detailed preliminary information about the incident that has taken place.
3. A thorough investigation will be conducted by the Student Equity Team.
a. This investigation may include document gathering and interviews with all a parties involved, including any witnesses.
4. Conclusion of Investigation
a. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, if found responsible, a Sanctions Hearing will be scheduled.
5. Hearing, Decision & Recommendation
a. Hearings are for college purposes only and are not tied to or part of the legal system. Complainants wishing to press charges, must do so through the local police.
b. Hearings are private but both the complainant and respondent are allowed one support person present with them.
Please complete the Title IX and Equity Complaint Form.