VA education benefits are available under the following programs:
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Chapter 35 – Survivors’ & Dependents’ Education Assistance
- Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation
For more information on each VA education benefit program, please click
How to Apply for Education Benefit
- If you would like to apply for VA Education Benefits, please visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp. Click on “Apply for Benefits” and use the VONAPP portal to fill out the online application. Once you have submitted the application and have been approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail in 4-6 weeks. You will need to turn in a copy of the certificate along with your DD-214 to the VA Certifying Official.
- Once the application has been completed and approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks. Submit a copy of the form and a copy of your DD-214 to the VA Certifying Official. If you do not receive a Certificate of Eligibility within that time, please contact the Department of Veteran’s Affairs at 1-888-442-4551.
If you have used your VA Education benefits at another institution and you want to transfer your benefits to CTC, you must complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form through VONAPP: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp
Once you have submitted the information to the VA, you will need to bring a copy of the form and your DD-214 to the VA Certifying Official.
Verify Your Enrollment
Chapters 30, 1606, 1607 recipients: Once you are certified by the VA Certifying Official, you must verify your enrollment with the Department of Veterans Affairs the last day of each month before you will receive your payment. To verify your enrollment, you can go online at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or call 1-877-823-2378.
For specific questions regarding your VA Education Benefits, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/index.asp. Questions specific to your benefits, eligibility, or payments should be directed to the number above. Unfortunately, we do not have access to this information and are unable to provide information specific to your benefit entitlement.
Click here for answers to some questions you may have: Veterans Education Benefits FAQ