A student’s enrollment into college offers diverse opportunities to learn, grow, gain leadership skills, and obtain the academic and technical skills to meet educational and career goals. One such opportunity to grow is through participation in student organizations and campus life activities. The purpose of a student organization at Chattahoochee Technical College is to provide students with the opportunity to participate in activities that contribute to their intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, and professional abilities.
Students are encouraged to enrich their educational and leadership skills through involvement in an organization at the college, not being content simply with pursuing a program of study. Organizations cater to a variety of student interests to include political, social, cultural, professional, leadership, and technical venues related to programs of study.
Students involved in an organization will find greater connectivity with the college, peers, and advisors, and are more likely to remain in college through graduation or completion of educational and professional goals. To this end, all students are encouraged to prioritize their time to participate in an organization on campus for leisure activities, to gain leadership skills, and to form friendships.
The mission of Campus Life is to complement the academic education of students at Chattahoochee Technical College by enhancing their lives outside the classroom through campus involvement. Campus Life is committed to the philosophy of supporting the development of students and strives to achieve this goal through the implementation of a diverse array of campus organizations, enriching activities, and events. The Campus Life Fact Book provides a glimpse into the organizations and activities promoted by Campus Life.
Student organization participants can find helpful information on how to recruit new members, conduct successful meetings, participate in campus and community service learning, and contribute to a one’s leadership skills by referring to the Campus Life Student Organization Guide.
Campus Life Events
- Annual Swoopfest Festivities
- Campus events to include music, magicians, speakers, festivals
- Educational programs for Black History and Women’s History months
- Activities to promote student entertainment and development
- Homecoming Festivities with King and Queen coronation
- Holiday Happenings with tree decorating, holiday music, food
- Annual International Festival
- Chess and Ping Pong Tournaments
Campus Life Activities
- Oversee the formation and maintenance of student clubs and organizations
- Student Government Association
- Distribution of student activity fees and oversight of the Student Budget Committee
- Leadership and Officer training
- Leadership Conferences
- Regional and National Competition Organization Support
- Campus/community service projects in conjunction with student organizations
- Alcohol Awareness and Student Health programming
- Campus Blood Collection Drives
Our offices are located in Building C, Room 1103, at the Marietta campus.
Stop by and visit or contact us:
Faith Sumpter, Coordinator: 770-528-4426
Bernita Akinsipe, Assistant: 770-528-5802
title=”Clear category filter”>
title=”Clear tag filter”>