All entering students are initially advised through Student Affairs as a part of the admission orientation. Upon first term matriculation, all non-health program student advisement is available by program faculty and/or by full-time and part-time General Academic Advisors located in the Academic Success Centers. Advisement for students attempting acceptance into the college’s competitive admission health occupation programs is done by Health Science Advisors.
What is the purpose of academic advisement?
- Knowing the official college name for the program of study listed for the student in Banner Web.
- Articulating why they are in a particular program of study and to what other programs it may lead.
- Knowing the course requirements for their program of study, or knowing where to find the information.
- Knowing how to register themselves using Banner Web, or with knowledge of where they can seek help with the task.
- Knowing/able to articulate college resources and how to access these for their specific concerns (financial aid, tutoring-success center, career services, disability services, displaced homemaker).
- Knowing their program of study faculty advisor and where and how to find him/her.
- Knowing dates of registration period and deadlines for completing registration by confirming financial aid and/or paying tuition and fees.
- Developing a sense of self-awareness and self-confidence toward pursuing academic, career, and personal goals.
Whom should I contact?
- New Students: Meet with an academic advisor from Student Affairs.
- Students Not Enrolled in a Program: Meet with an academic advisor From Academic Affairs.
- Students Enrolled in a Program: Meet with a faculty advisor in your program of study.
- TCC, Communication Students: Meet with a faculty advisor in Arts and Sciences.
General Academic Advisement Schedule
- Advisement Schedule
- NOT ABLE TO REACH A GENERAL ADVISOR?
Send an email to: Academic.Advisor@ChattahoocheeTech.edu
- BannerWeb Help
- How to Calculate Your GPA
- My Academic Advisement Session
- Preventing and Working Through TEST Anxiety
Still have questions? Academic Advisement Frequently Asked Questions