Information about this exciting field:
The broad responsibilities and detailed requirements of managing the revenue cycle, compliance regulations, human resources, health information, and general business processes make practice management a challenging yet rewarding profession. The Physician’s Practice Manager (PPM) credential is a logical step for those who are ready to advance their careers in physician practice management.
Is this program for me?
The Health Care Management program gives students a well-rounded introduction management of the modern medical office or health care facility. Here are some qualities and skills that are essential for the successful Health Care Manager:
- Health care business process, workflow, and reform
- Fraud, abuse, and corporate compliance
- Quality in health care
- Medical office accounting, physician reimbursement, and revenue cycle management
- Human resource management
- Marketing and business relationships
- HIPAA and data security
- Health IT, EMRs, and health information exchange
Where might I find a job?
Health Care Managers find employment in a variety of locations: medical offices, dental offices, chiropractic offices, insurance companies, outpatient clinics, and surgical centers.
The Health Care Management occupational courses will be completed in three (3) to four (4) semesters.
- Health Care Management Application Spring 2015
- Health Care Management Admission Information Spring 2015
Students should contact a Health Sciences Advisor with questions about admission criteria or to schedule an advisement appointment.
Program prerequisite courses are offered at multiple campuses and online. Health Care Management occupational courses are offered online and at the North Metro campus.