Information about this exciting field:
To survive in today’s rapidly changing business world, companies need to understand their customer base and target markets relative to the competition, maximizing brand recognition and marketing strategies to keep their competitive edge. Global promotions and digital marketing are key components of success. Marketing Managers are adept at monitoring trends and increasing profits while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Is this program for me?
Are you a results-driven “go getter”? Are you able to motive others to succeed and grow? Do you communicate goals clearly and effectively? If you are highly organized and have keen analytical skills, this may be the program for you. Here are some qualities and skills that are essential for the successful Marketing Management graduate:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding leadership, decision making, and teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong planning and organization
- Detail oriented
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills
- Computer/software skills
- Understand financials: budgets, expenditures, pricing, profit-loss projections
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Regulations and Compliance
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
Where might I find a job?
A variety of rewarding marketing, sales, or market research jobs may be found with private corporations, small businesses, government agencies, the hospitality industry, and retail establishments.
- Lisa Lipkins-Hill
- Brian Moss
- Rick Nelson