What is Online/Distance Learning?
Chattahoochee Technical College is committed to offering students a variety of instructional delivery methods. Courses are delivered online, as hybrids, and as web enhanced. Online courses deliver all content and instruction off campus except for one proctored event completed in person. Hybrid classes deliver content and instruction as online courses do, but hybrid courses have set meeting times, generally one meeting a week. Web enhanced classes meet the full, scheduled meeting days and times, but they have content and instruction available online. All students at Chattahoochee Technical College should be prepared to complete assignments and receive instruction online no matter what type of courses taken.
Online Courses and non Georgia Residents
Chattahoochee Technical College currently does not permit students with out of state addresses on file to enroll in online courses.
Online Courses and Proctored Events
All courses at Chattahoochee Technical College require students to complete a minimum of one proctored event on an assigned campus at an assigned day and time. Alternative proctoring arrangements other than those scheduled on a campus location must be approved.
It is critical that all students taking online courses have active CTC student email accounts before they begin their coursework.
CTC uses ANGEL and MyMathLab to deliver online content. Brief instructions for accessing each management system follow:
- Math courses do NOT use ANGEL. All math courses use MyMathLab, described in the next section.
- Click here to log into ANGEL.
- If you don’t know how to log into ANGEL, follow these instructions:
1. User name: 27_your student 900# (Example: 27_900123456)
2. Password: 27_your student 900# (Example: 27_900123456)
3. Change your password when prompted.
4. Your user name never changes.
If you are unable to log into ANGEL following instructions #1-4 or if you have forgotten your ANGEL password or user name:
Click “I forgot my password” in ANGEL’s “Log On” block and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password and retrieve your user name at the same time.
- All Math courses use MyMathLab (MML).
- Click here to log into MyMathLab.
- If you need to create a MyMathLab account, follow these instructions:
- Go to www.mymathlab.com
- Click “student” under register
- Enter the course ID (provided by your instructor & included in the course syllabus)
- Enter your access code or choose to purchase one online
*If you create a temporary account, it will expire in 17 days and you must purchase a valid access code in order to convert your account from temporary.
- Students must remember the login for their MML account in order for grades to be imported properly. The email used to set up the account will be where Pearson sends the “forgot my password” emails to, so students are encouraged to use their CTC school email addresses if possible.
- Click here for student support regarding system requirements, enrolling in a course via MML, or other account information. Pearson’s MyMathLab tech support line is (800) 677-6337.
Online Learning Resources
1. Click “Login as First Time User.”
2. Click “Select a username” and then choose “chatta” from the drop-down menu.
3. Password: summer2014.
- Click on the link to access CTC’s online Success Center.
Additional Resources and Information:
- Refund policy
- College Calendar
- FERPA/privacy statement
- Copyright Laws and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Withdrawal Procedures
- Click here to access CTC’s Library.