The Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG) is a financial award for Technical College System of Georgia students and was first presented by the Governor’s Office in Fall 2013. It awards funds to students meeting certain criteria who are enrolled in certain programs. Remember to fill out the FAFSA application first.
For more information about this grant, click HERE.
Current eligible programs at CTC are:
CIST Internet Specialist (Diploma)
Commercial Truck Driving (Certificate)
Computer Numerical Controls (CNC) Technology (Diploma)
Computer Programming (Diploma)
Design and Media Production Technology (Diploma)
Diesel Equipment Technology (Diploma)
Early Childhood Care & Education (Diploma)
Early Childhood Care & Education Basics (Certificate)
Industrial Maintenance and Electrical Technology (Diploma ONLY)
Information Security Specialist (Diploma)
Internet Specialist-Web Application Development (Diploma)
Networking Specialist (Diploma)
Practical Nursing (Diploma)
Surgical Technology (Diploma)
Welding and Joining Technology (Diploma)
|Credit Hours Enrolled||SIWDG Award Amount Only|
3 – 8 hours
1 – 2 hours
- Students must be receiving HOPE Grant in the same semester they wish to receive SIWDG funding.
- There is a one-time award of $1,000 to eligible students enrolled in Commercial Truck Driving (CTD). Students must be enrolled in nine (9) credit hours (full program).
- High school students participating in dual enrollment are NOT eligible for the SIWDG.
- Students must apply for financial aid and meet other minimum requirements. CTC suggests students complete the FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. No additional application is needed.
- The CTD classes do not operate on a regular semester, as they are only eight (8) weeks in length.
For more information on all HOPE and State programs, go to https://www.gafutures.org.