Who are we?
The Chattahoochee Tech Foundation’s mission is to provide philanthropic support to the college, its students, and programs.
As the 501 (c)(3) organization serving the students and programs of study at the largest technical college in Georgia, we change lives daily. The generous philanthropy of our stakeholders has helped many students pursue their dreams while keeping the college’s educational programs on the cutting edge. The Foundation plays a vital role in ensuring:
- The opportunity for an education and job training is open to all
- Procurement of special equipment for programs of study
- The advancement of programs
- Aid in upgrading physical facilities
What do we do?
Chattahoochee Technical College has long been a community partner in the six-county area we serve in northwest Georgia. Providing much-needed training and education to about 13,000 students in Bartow, Cherokee, Cobb, Gilmer, Paulding, and Pickens counties, the college plays a fundamental role in workforce development and ensures that the opportunity for education and advancement is available to all.
But, we can’t do it alone. One of the most significant challenges higher educational institutions have faced in recent years is providing the highest quality education possible for the most affordable price. When faced with increasing expenses and an economic downturn, students are often forced to decide between continuing to invest in their education or devoting those funds to their families’ needs or the general cost of living. Chattahoochee Tech Foundation was created to alleviate that burden. Designed to support the mission of Chattahoochee Technical College, the Foundation partners with businesses, alumni, and friends, like you, to make higher education an affordable reality for students in our community.
Who have we helped?
In 2014, because of your generosity, Chattahoochee Tech Foundation has:
- Provided over $35,000 in scholarship funds to students in 24 different academic programs,
- Funded conferences and professional development opportunities for faculty members through Faculty Conference Grants, allowing these individuals to expand their expertise and bring that knowledge back to our classrooms, and
- Offered 16 students assistance through Emergency Grants, which helps currently enrolled CTC students who are in an emergency situation and at risk of not continuing their education due to unexpected financial dilemmas.
How can you get involved?
Supporting the largest technical college in the State of Georgia requires that we, as a Foundation, continue to expand our reach and build more relationships with community partners who can help us bridge the gap between state funding and operating expenses. Your gifts and contributions to Chattahoochee Tech Foundation are what allow the College to continue to grow without unnecessary increases in expenses to students. The programs offered at each of our campuses are vital to our communities and we have exceptional students enrolled. By supporting the Foundation, you ensure that these students have the means to excel in the classroom as well as in the industries that they choose for their careers, most of whom stay right here in the Metro Atlanta area.
Chattahoochee Tech Foundation
Marietta Campus – Building A
980 South Cobb Drive
Marietta, GA 30060