Apply for Financial Aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
You are applying for all financial aid including HOPE Grant/Scholarship, Pell Grant, SEOG, etc. This application is free.
You will need the following items to complete your FAFSA:
- CTC’ school code is 005620.
- Federal income tax returns (and your parents’ information if you are “dependent”)
- W-2’s (and your parents’ information if you are “dependent”)
- Apply for FSA ID. You will need to create an FSA ID before you can log on to complete your FAFSA.
- It is strongly recommended that you utilize the IRS Data Retrieval on the FAFSA link.
- Once you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a confirmation page. It is recommended that you print this out for your records.
- Once your FAFSA is processed, the Federal Aid Program will send you a SAR (Student Aid Report) in the mail or via email. Review the SAR to make sure it’s complete and correct.
Provide Additional Documentation
If additional documentation is needed to complete your file, you will receive a letter requesting those documents/forms. A letter will be sent via mail and CTC student email.
Here are Financial Aid forms you may need:
Most needed forms can be found here.
Your award letter will show which types of financial aid you qualify for along with your estimated award amounts. The awards are based on full time enrollment which is 12 credit hours. You may view your awards through BannerWeb.
As a part of Student Financial Services, the Student Accounts Office will run processes that compare your aid to your balance due at the time of the publicized fee payment deadline(s). Your financial aid must be complete prior to the payment deadlines. You are responsible for any utstanding balance. You must pay by the payment deadline to prevent your class schedule from being dropped.
Maintaining Your Financial Aid
- You must renew your FAFSA each school year. The award year begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the next year.
- You must meet Chattahoochee Technical College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP).