Types of Course Credit
Course credit awarded by other than satisfactory completion of a course at Chattahoochee Technical College may be earned as follows:
- Advanced Placement credit
- Articulated High School Credit
- College Level Examination Placement (CLEP) credit
- Credit by Examination
- International Baccalaureate
- Military Credit
Credit is awarded only in areas offered within the current curriculum of Chattahoochee Technical College and is appropriately related to the student’s educational program.
A student may receive or earn up to twenty five (25) quarter credit hours through CLEP, AP, military, institutional, or other such examinations.
Transfer of Credit
Chattahoochee Technical College recognizes previous postsecondary coursework from regionally accredited colleges that is applicable to a student’s program of study. A student who presents credit for evaluation and transfer should be aware that the awarding of credit does not guarantee that the college subsequently attended by the student will accept those credits. A student may receive credit for courses taken at another postsecondary institution by meeting the following criteria:
- The courses must meet the quality of standards established by Chattahoochee Technical College and should consist of essentially the same content as the courses at CTC.
- An official transcript from the institution attended is on file in the Office of Admissions, verifying a grade of C or better for each course being considered for transfer credit.
- There are no time limits on transferability of general education courses or other occupational courses not listed above.
- Transfer courses taken on the semester system will be awarded at the same credit hour earning.
- Transfer courses taken in a semester system will be awarded by the following conversion: semester hours multiplied by 1.5 will equal the semester hour award.
- No credit is awarded for learning support courses.
- Courses that do not have identical course identification codes, but include essential competency areas, may transfer upon approval from the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Courses that do not have identical course identification codes, but include essential competency areas, may transfer upon approval from the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Full credit will be awarded for courses taken under approved standards within the Technical College System of Georgia, provided the criteria listed above are met. Transfer of credit will be indicated on the student’s transcript with the letters TR. Grade points are not assigned to courses that are transferred. Chattahoochee Technical College reserves the right to review the credentials of faculty for the previously attended college as well as test the proficiency of students for coursework that is transferred in. No more than 75% of the total required hours in any program will be approved for transfer credit.
Transfer credit for military service schools is awarded based on American Council of Education (ACE) recommendations as listed in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services and approval by the Director of Records.
A student may receive or earn up to twenty five (25) quarter credit hours through CLEP, AP, military, corporate, college exemption exams institutional, or other such examinations. Credits do not count toward residency requirements or grade point average.
Army, Navy and Marine Corps service members may request their military transcript through the following joint service transcript site: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
Air Force service members may request a military transcript from: http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp