GA Stragetic Industries Workforce Development Grant
The Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG) is a financial award for Technical College System of Georgia students and was first presented by the Governor’s Office in Fall 2013. It awards funds to students meeting certain criteria who are enrolled in certain programs. Remember to fill out the FAFSA application first.
GA Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant flyer (click for more information)
Current eligible programs at CTC are:
Design and Media Production Technology (Diploma) newly added fall 2015
Practical Nursing (Diploma)
Commercial Truck Driving* (Certificate)
Early Childhood Care & Education (Diploma)
Computer Programming (Diploma)
Information Security Specialist (Diploma)
Internet Specialist-Web Application Development (Diploma)
Networking Specialist (Diploma)
Diesel Equipment Technology (Diploma)
Surgical Technology (Diploma)
Welding and Joining Technology (Diploma)
|Credit Hours Enrolled||SIWDG Award Amount Only|
3 – 8 hours
1 – 2 hours
- Students must be eligible for the HOPE Grant to receive SIWDG funding.
- *There is a one-time award of $1,000 for Commercial Truck Driving.
- High school students participating in dual enrollment are NOT eligible for the SIWDG.
- Student MUST apply for the FAFSA to determine their total grant eligibility.
- Class registration is based on availability.
For more information on all HOPE and State Programs, go to gacollege411.org