Financial Aid General Information
In this section, we’ve provided quick links that lead to information regarding the financial aid process, including the information you’ll need to maintain financial aid while you finish your studies at Chattahoochee Tech.
All students are welcome to visit any of the financial aid offices on any campus. We are dedicated to helping you find a way to pay for college.
Types of Financial Aid
- HOPE Grant – Certificate and Diploma Programs
- HOPE Scholarship – Degree Programs
- Zell Miller Grant
- Zell Miller Scholarship
- HOPE GED Voucher
State Grant & Scholarship Programs
- HERO (Helping Educate Reservist and their Offspring) Scholarship
- Georgia Public Safety Memorial (GPSM) Grant
- Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents (LEPD) Grant
- Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant (SIWDG)
Federal Grants (click here for details)
- The Pell Grant
- The Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Work Study Programs (click here for details)
- The Federal Work Study program (FWS)
Loans (click here for details)
- Private Student Loans
NOTE: Chattahoochee Technical College does not participate in any Federal Stafford/Direct Loan programs or the Federal PLUS program.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Have a valid high school diploma (or the equivalent); and
–be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States (US Citizen and Eligible Non Citizen); and
- Have been accepted for admission to an approved eligible program of study (students whose program changes should contact the Financial Aid Office); and
- Be following the prescribed curriculum for the program of study as determined by the CTC catalog; and
–be making progress toward the completion of your course of study according to the “Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy”; and
- Not be in default on a federal or state loan; and
- Not owe a refund on a federal or state grant; and
- Have a valid Social Security Number; and
- Register with the Selective Service, if required; and
- Resolved any drug conviction issue.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In order to apply for financial aid each student must complete the FAFSA each year.
First-time applicants will need to apply for a Federal PIN. This will be used to sign your application electronically. If you are considered a dependent, your parent will need to apply for a PIN as well.
Gather the information required to complete the FAFSA:
- Your social security number and your parent’s social security numbers if you are a dependent.
- Federal tax returns for the year prior to the academic year you are applying, including W2 information, for yourself, spouse if you are married, and for your parents if you are dependent.
- FSA ID
Complete your application at www.fafsa.ed.gov:
- Enter all the necessary information. You may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to input tax information.
- If you need help, the side bar to the right will guide you through each question.
- At the point where you have to list the schools you want to receive your information, you want to list the school code for Chattahoochee Technical School. That code is 005620. This will ensure that your application is sent to us electronically.
- Submit your application.
Follow up on your FAFSA:
- When your application is processed you will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report) either by email or mail. You should review your SAR for any necessary corrections or updates.
- If you have been selected for verification you will need to provide additional documents to the financial aid office before financial aid can be awarded.
- Log on to BannerWeb to check your financial aid status.
Please check the academic calendar for document and payment deadlines and other important dates.