AHA Instructor Information
Training Center Policy and Procedure Manual: click here.
Effective January 2012, American Heart Association requires that all cards are printed with an instructor ID#. Please send that in immediately. This number can be found by logging into the AHA Instructor Network: click here
I will return rosters that are submitted without this information. Thank you.
BLS tests have changed and Versions C and D MUST be used no later than February 1, 2012. If you need a copy of this, email me at Shelby.Martin@ChattahoocheeTech.edu
You cannot find the exams online, and you must go through your training center coordinator to obtain this
There is a new DVD that all instructors as well as all NEW instructors must watch. This takes about 30 minutes. I will start scheduling times for CURRENT instructors to watch this soon. You may come to one of those times or borrow the DVD from me.
Card Pricing and Information
Please note that AHA materials must be used while teaching. This includes the videos and the books. AHA courses should only cover topics as provided in the teaching materials. Also, it is not acceptable to “teach to the test.” If you are teaching the course, students will pass the test & learn the material. Stick with the guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association in your courses! Also, if any student fails any portion of the course, remediation MUST be provided for them. An AHA course must include video, lecture & practice. It is the combination of these three things that provide an effective course for our students. Simply playing the video is not sufficient!
For questions concerning any of the forms below, please call or email Shelby Martin at 770-528-3538.
- Instructor Course Requirements
- New Instructor Checklist
- Affiliate Form
- Instructor Candidate Application
- Instructor Monitor Form
- Program Administration Manual
- TC Roster
- Instructor Evaluation Form
- 1- and 2-Rescuer Adult BLS Skills Check Sheet
- 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Check Sheet
- HeartSaver AED Skills Check Off
- First Aid Skills Sheet
Rental Equipment Policy
Equipment rentals are based on a week rental. Pick up and drop of equipment should be made between 7:30am and 4:00pm Monday thru Friday. Rentals must be booked a minimum of 1 week prior to pick up date. Please know the day and time you will be picking up the equipment. All equipment must be returned clean and in good working order. Any equipment that is not returned will result in a delay of cards being issued. If equipment goes missing or broken under your position, you may be required to pay replacement fees.
We have the following items available for rent:
- AED trainers are available for $20.00 per week
- Chris Clean Manikins (Single Adult) are available for $12.00 per week
- CPR Prompts are available for $20.00 per week and come in a bag of 5
- ACTARs are available in adult and infant manikins and are $20.00 per week per bag (10 per bag)
- Baby Anne is available for $20.00 per week for a bag of 4 or $6.00 for a single
- You are responsible for your own face shields. If available, they can be purchased for $0.25 each.
You have a couple of options here. If you are a provider and you need to be recertified, you can either take a new provider course (call 770-528-3538 for referral), or you may complete this online. If you wish to go online, visit onlineaha.org, choose the link on the left that corresponds with your needs and begin. Cost for this course is $22.00 payable upon registration. If you wish to complete the online portion, you must also schedule a skills check off with an instructor. You may schedule this by calling the number above and coming to our main campus. This cost is $40.50 and it includes your card. Please bring your current provider card as well as the certificate stating that you completed the online portion.
Acceptable Payment Methods
- Check – made payable to Chattahoochee Technical College or CTC – Instructor should send one check from their own account – do not send checks from students
- Visa or Mastercard – any transaction less than $15.00 will incur a $1.00 service fee
- Money Order
Use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.