AHA Instructor Information
Training Center Policy and Procedure Manual: click HERE.
2015 Instructor Guideline updates are available on the AHA Instructor Network. These were due by February 15, 2016. You must complete the update for each discipline you are certified to teach. Email the certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any courses taught past 2/15/16 will need to be retaught if your updates were not completed before this date.
New BLS materials were released for purchase on February 16. Please order your instructor manual. If you use your own DVD, you will need to order that as well. The deadline to begin teaching with this new material is April 16. If you do not have the new updated materials, you must teach with the Interim Materials until April 16 or your materials arrive.
New 2015 ACLS materials are available for preorder now. They will begin shipping on 3/30/16. If you have not already done so, please order these and begin teaching with those as soon as possible. In the meantime, you must use the interim materials.
Card prices have changed. Please click the link below to see the new pricing information.
All exams are secured and therefore must be obtained from your Training Center Coordinator. I am sending the new exams as they are received. If you need any exams, please email us at email@example.com.
Card Pricing and Information
Please note that AHA materials must be used while teaching. This includes the videos and the books. AHA courses should only cover topics as provided in the teaching materials. Also, it is not acceptable to “teach to the test.” If you are teaching the course, students will pass the test & learn the material. Stick with the guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association in your courses! Also, if any student fails any portion of the course, remediation MUST be provided for them. An AHA course must include video, lecture & practice. It is the combination of these three things that provide an effective course for our students. Simply playing the video is not sufficient!
For questions concerning any of the forms below, please call or email Shelby Martin at 770-528-3538.
- Instructor Course Requirements
- New Instructor Checklist
- Affiliate Form
- Instructor Candidate Application
- Instructor Monitor Form
- Program Administration Manual
- TC Roster
- Instructor Evaluation Form – others can be found on the AHA Instructor Network
- Adult BLS Skills Sheet (2015)
- Infant BLS Skills Sheet (2015)
- HeartSaver AED Skills Check Off
- First Aid Skills Sheet
- Training Center Instructor Agreement
Rental Equipment Policy
Equipment rentals are based on a week rental. Pick up and drop of equipment should be made between 7:30am and 4:00pm Monday thru Friday. Rentals must be booked a minimum of 1 week prior to pick up date. Please know the day and time you will be picking up the equipment. All equipment must be returned clean and in good working order. Any equipment that is not returned will result in a delay of cards being issued. If equipment goes missing or is broken while in your possession, you may be required to pay replacement fees. Please notify me immediately of any equipment needing attention.
We have the following items available for rent:
- AED trainers are available for $20.00 per week
- Chris Clean Manikins (Single Adult) are available for $12.00 per week
- CPR Prompts are available for $20.00 per week and come in a bag of 5
- ACTARs are available in adult and infant manikins and are $20.00 per week per bag (10 per bag)
- Baby Anne is available for $20.00 per week for a bag of 4 or $6.00 for a single
- You are responsible for your own face shields. If available, they can be purchased for $0.75 each.
- Face Masks are also your responsibility.
- DVDs can also be rented for $20/week.
There are NO provider recertifications at this time, due to the release of the new update.
If you need to renew your instructor certification, you will either need to attend a renewal course or be monitored by a Training Center Faculty member. You are also required to have taught four (4) courses in the two-year time period that aligns with your certification.
Acceptable Payment Methods
- Check – made payable to Chattahoochee Technical College or CTC – Instructor should send one check from their own account – do not send checks from students
- Credit Card – any transaction less than $15.00 will incur a $1.00 service fee
- Money Order
Use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.