GOAL 1 - Positive Reputation
- Create a culture in which students feel valued and respected through excellent customer service.
- Engage in and promote internal and external activities that support the college’s reputation as a community resource in training, service learning, and support services.
- Evaluate and market the quality and effectiveness of credit and non-credit programs of study.
- Improve the aesthetics of campus facilities and grounds to provide contemporary student environments and reflect the college’s quality of educational services.
- Emphasize the college’s role in workforce and technical training as well as in providing academic coursework that supports the community and contributes to regional economic development.
- Implement a systematic process which manages compliance and accountability as required by the Technical College System of Georgia as well as other governmental and accreditation bodies.
- Revise college name and/or tag line to illustrate community college higher education mission.
- Increase number of success stories available to internal and external constituencies.
- Increase college leadership participation in community, business, industry, and higher education venues.
- Improve student interaction by providing additional auxiliary services on campuses.
- Increase public safety awareness among campuses.
GOAL 2 - Range of Offerings that Match Community Expectations
- Develop a collaborative effort among credit, non-credit, adult education, and dual enrollment offerings in order to ensure effective pathways for student movement from one area to another.
- Conduct needs analyses to continue to add relevant credit and non-credit programs.
- Secure individual and corporate funding as well as public and private grants to support educational resource needs.
- Renovate current instructional facilities to support new credit and non-credit programs or to upgrade existing programs.
- Continue to pursue articulation agreements with University System colleges in order to offer Associate of Science degree programs.
- Secure additional or alternative funding for program or support services equipment and technology.
- Increase short term credit and non-credit training programs.
- Continue exploration and expansion of international education and global awareness in curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
GOAL 3 - Robust Access
- Increase technology/software solutions and pathways to increase access to initial and ongoing academic and student support services.
- Implement a career/educational planning intervention program for entering students unsure of career options.
- Explore student financial options to help in funding matriculation.
- Advance communication efforts within and across college units and stakeholders to improve student knowledge of financial aid and other college processes and options.
- Develop marketing plan that focuses on the location and methodology options of credit and non-credit offerings.
- Develop marketing plan that focuses on first generation students as CTC as the “place to come.”
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan that includes targeted populations, including but not limited to high school students, international students, minority populations, and first generation, first time in college students.
- Develop and implement assessment strategies to include instruments designed to provide relevant internal and external feedback for process improvement and student support.
GOAL 4 - Student Success (Outcomes)
- Develop and implement retention strategies with a goal of increasing ongoing enrollment (without stop out), graduation rates, and awards produced and decreasing time to graduation and numbers of students not maintaining SAP.
- Develop and implement a formal academic advisement plan that results in students reaching their educational goals in their optimum personal time.
- Use results of current Student Learning Outcomes to make improvements in the educational processes to increase student success.
- Acquire, build, maintain, renovate, and secure physical facilities to provide state-of-the-art equipment/technology, an effective learning and work environment, and room for future growth.
- Refine current systems and pursue new initiatives to improve academic support, learning support, and student support services to increase student success, including development of a more comprehensive academic alert system.
- Implement a formal Teacher Academy that provides training in best practices teaching strategies for learner centered teaching to support student success.
- Explore the possibility of increasing student counseling services.
- Review policies, procedures, operations, and student interactions through a student oriented lens and modify as necessary to improve student experience.
GOAL 5 - Golden Rule
- Develop processes and procedures that improve internal and external communication between and among functional areas.
- Provide professional development for all employees to encourage dialogue on diversity and equity and to enhance awareness of intercultural competency.
- Continue to develop/refine the Behavioral Intervention Team processes and procedures to identify and address inappropriate student behaviors.
- Invest time and resources in human capital development college-wide to include all faculty and staff.
- Develop and implement a formal rewards and recognition program for college employees and students.
- Create a risk-free environment that encourages faculty and staff to seek and propose opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Communicate expectations of proper chain of command.
- Provide a clear conceptual framework for responsiveness.
- Foster the practice of fiscal responsibility and accountability.