Create an environment in support of student-focused learning and achievement that responds to community needs.
- Develop new and enhance existing programs of study, with emphasis on addressing skills gap needs in the region and beyond.
- Assess relevance and viability of existing programs as they correspond to student and employer needs.
- Expand collaborative efforts with business, industry, community and professional organizations to create new opportunities for students.
- Acquire, build, maintain, renovate, and secure physical facilities to provide state-of-the-art equipment/technology, a pleasant and adequate work environment, and room for future growth.
- Develop and adopt strategies designed to improve college completion and other student success measures, per the Complete College Georgia initiative.
- Formulate articulation agreements for AS degrees with USG senior colleges.
- Implement and/or modify TCSG Learning Support Redesign to provide clear and improved pathways through remedial education.
- Review college procedures, operations, and student interactions through a student-oriented lens and modify as necessary to improve student experience.
Increase the college’s capacity to support quality programs and services.
- Increase enrollment and strengthen retention through targeted communications utilizing social and print media, advertising, etc.
- Integrate and expand student learning opportunities through professional development opportunities, leadership activities, service learning, and volunteerism.
- Raise public and private funds to support college growth and sustainability. Strengthen community involvement.
- Provide adequate staffing throughout the college.
- Work internally with all departments to build one database of companies we support and those that support us.
- Update knowledge, skills, and practices through professional development.
Support access to learning opportunities, programs, and services.
- Develop challenging instructional activities appropriate for students’ individual learning styles.
- Create an optimal learning environment that supports instructional delivery by creating innovative and flexible learning opportunities.
- Introduce streamlined and automated processes to improve the student experience.
- Promote and increase participation in dual enrollment opportunities.
- Develop and implement recruiting initiatives, with emphasis on meeting identified skills gaps identified by business and industry.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies.
Foster a culture that embraces the values of the college.
- Increase and strengthen community outreach.
- Advance communication efforts with external constituencies, agencies and legislative bodies.
- Build the reputation of the college and technical education through broad-based messaging to include all aspects of marketing communications.
- Establish a stronger relationship with college alumni.
- Enhance the lines (formal/informal) of communication within and across college units and among college stakeholders.
- Create a supportive environment that empowers the staff to seek and share new ideas to improve the operations of the college.